Family and Caregiver Training services provide training and education to:
Instruct a parent, other family member, or primary caregiver about the treatment regimens and use of equipment specified in the Individualized Support Plan; and
Improve the ability of the parent, family member or primary caregiver to provide the care to or for the individual.
This service can be used for:
- Treatment regimens and use of equipment
- Stress management
- Family dynamics
- Community integration
- Behavioral intervention strategies
- Mental health
- Caring for medically fragile individuals
Activities Not Reimbursed
- Training/instruction not pertinent to the caregiver’s ability to give care to the individual
- Training provided to caregivers who receive reimbursement for training costs within their Medicaid or state line item reimbursement rates
- Meals, accommodations, etc., while attending the training
Each individual can utilize up to $2000 annually for this service.