AccessAbilities, Inc. is proud to offer Music Therapy Services in our Northwest Indiana and Indianapolis locations. We hire board certified Music Therapists with a wide range of experience and education.
We are currently taking referrals for new consumers in both locations (Northwest Indiana and Indianapolis Area). Please contact the Director listed for your location to learn more about these services.
AccessAbilities, Inc. provides music therapy sessions that are individually tailored to the consumer’s interests, needs, and personal goals.
Music Therapy is the clinical and evidence-based use of music interventions to accomplish individualized non-musical outcomes in physical/motor, communication, cognitive, and social emotional functioning domains.
A variety of populations can benefit from Music Therapy, including individuals with developmental disabilities, (e.g. autism, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, etc.), individuals with neurological disorders (e.g. stroke, Parkinson’s disease, traumatic brain injury), and individuals with mental health needs (e.g. mood disorders, anxiety disorders, substance related disorders, etc.). Our service population includes not only children but adults too.
- Music Therapists at AccessAbilities, Inc. use the most up-to-date assessments and measurements, in combination with qualitative observations and consumer feedback. Based on these assessments, music therapists then develop goals and treatment plans.
Music Therapy Treatment Plans
- After a sufficient amount of evaluation, a Music Therapist will create a plan for the consumer that is tailored to his/her unique strengths, needs, goals, and barriers. Utilizing music therapy practices and techniques, the Music Therapist will work towards these goals at a pace that is productive to and meaningful to the consumer.
- After the creation of the treatment plan, the music therapist continues to measure, adjust, and document the treatment process, in the form of progress notes and quarterly summaries. These documents are shared with the interdisciplinary team.
Development of a Team Approach
- To promote a team approach, Music Therapists include as many persons who are knowledgeable about the consumer in the process of assessment, planning, implementation, and measurements.
- AccessAbilities, Inc. assures our Music Therapists are available for consultation and addressing any questions related to the direction of services. It is the goal of AccessAbilities, Inc., and our programs to assure the consumers always feel as though they have direct access to the professional providing services.
In Office or Off Site Sessions
- The music therapy program at AccessAbilities, Inc. offers the consumer and his/her family a high level of flexibility. Sessions can take place at our office or in the community. Decisions about location can be made based on comfort level, space, and needs. The location of services can be adjusted at any time to assure the highest quality and most effective use of service.