Rent and Food for an Unrelated, Live-in Caregiver Supports means the additional cost a participant incurs for the room and board of an unrelated, live-in caregiver (who has no legal responsibility to support the participant) as provided for in the participant’s Residential Budget.
- The individual participant receiving these services lives in his or her own home
- For payment to not be considered income for the participant receiving services, payment for the portion of the costs of rent and food attributable to an unrelated, live-in caregiver (who has no legal responsibility to support the participant) must be made directly to the live-in caregiver
- Room and board for the unrelated live-in caregiver (who is not receiving any other financial reimbursement for the provision of this service)
- Room: shelter type expenses including all property related costs such as rental or purchase of real estate and furnishings, maintenance, utilities and related administrative services
- Board: three meals a day or other full nutritional regimen
- Unrelated: unrelated by blood or marriage to any degree
- Caregiver: an individual providing a covered service as defined by BDDS service definitions or in a Medicaid HCBS waiver, to meet the physical, social or emotional needs of the participant receiving services